South Yorkshire Migration and Asylum Action Group organised/supported events
- SYMAAG Executive Committee meeting Tuesday 27th June 6.30-8.30pm Room 51 at Victoria Hall, Norfolk Street, opposite the Crucible Theatre. Use the Chapel Walk entrance
Refugee Week events 20-24th June in Sheffield with SYMAAG and friends
- Wednesday 21st June 6-8pm “Between Fences” a film about refugees detained in the state of Israel at The Showroom Cinema followed by a discussion including SYMAAG members and Muhammad Waqas University of Sheffield
- Thursday 22nd June 3-5pm “Asylum in the UK – These Walls Must Fall” a workshop run by Early Asylum Support (formerly Sheffield Right to Remain) at Theatre Deli on The Moor
- Friday 23rd June 2-4.30pm “Talk That Talk” Why are women seeking asylum more likely to receive a poor decision on their asylum claim? Organised by DEWA and Why Refugee Women?
- Saturday 24th June 3pm “Fire at Sea” a film about the island of Lampedusa and migration across the Mediterranean at Showroom Cinema followed by a panel discussion including SYMAAG, ASSIST and #WeAreInternational
- Saturday 24th June 6pm “Those Who Jump” a film about African migrants trying to enter Europe through the heavily fortified Melilla territory at Showroom Cinema, followed by a panel discussion including SYMAAG, ASSIST and #WeAreInternational
More Refugee Week information in Sheffield at http://www.
Full schedule at http://www.
There’s also more details on the Migration Matters Facebook page and on Twitter @MigMatFest
We can pay reasonable travel costs to our events if you need us to (just bring your ticket to the event)
The South Yorkshire Migration and Asylum Action Group (SYMAAG) unites refugee, asylum and migrant organisations with campaign groups, trade unions, charities, political parties and supporting individuals.
SYMAAG campaigns both for the rights of those seeking asylum and of those coming to work in this country.
Twitter Direct Message: @symaag