Our campaigns for asylum and migrant rights take place all over South Yorkshire. Since our formation in July 2007, we have campaigned:
- against the detention of asylum seekers, including children
- for asylum seekers’ right to work
- for full and equal access to health care and education
- against deportations and abuse of people seeking asylum in the UK
- for better treatment of migrant domestic workers.
We aim to educate ourselves about asylum and migrant rights, about people’s countries of origin, and why they leave them.
We also work with MPs and councillors to hold them to any commitments to asylum and migrant rights they have made.
We provide information about events, demonstrations, developments on asylum and migration, campaigns about threatened deportations etc. Our Secretary sends out bulletins by email to more than 500 people. If you want to get in touch with SYMAAG’s Secretary email dignitynotdetention(at)yahoo.co.uk – replacing (at) with @
For examples of our campaigning, click here…..